Sunday, March 30, 2008

Thing #8

I viewed the short video and learned about RSS feeds. I had trouble with the sound. After several tries, I was able to view. Then I set up an account with Google Reader. I wasn't sure which blogs that I should include. I typed in several different keywords and searched various blogs. I was interested in "elementary school librarian" and technology with elementary students". I found some interesting blogs to read and put those links into my Google Reader. At least all of the "similar" blogs are together for searching.

As the video said, "Get it all in one spot!" I'll have to see if this works. I'm excited about learning new technology. I know that reading the blogs will support my efforts to teach students new technology. I am always "on the go" so having all my news in Google Reader will be helpful. I'd like to begin using this technology on my Elementary Library Page, especially as someone else said, "I'll use this for book reviews."

1 comment:

VWB said...

I love my reader!

Hope you solved your sound problem...maybe you need to check t osee if you have sound on other things? i.e. have you heard things on that computer before?

you are doing so well...keep up the good work!