Thursday, July 3, 2008

Thing #15


~~~LIBRARY 2.0 ~~~~
The video was quite thought provoking. These students went through all of the steps to get a "degree" so that they could make a "way for themselves". Their time in college seemed to "just go through the motions." I personally learned a lot during my time in college AND that has helped to be the educator and librarian that I am today. Of course times are changing with ALL of the technology that we have today, that's why I've learned so much completing each THING!

Many of the articles were informative in is this Thing, but the most helpful to me was the last one by David Warlkick-"2 cents worth on Library 2.0". As a school librarian ( I'm probably one of the only staff members in my school who knows about blogs, wikis, etc.) I'm excited about learning about ALL these new technology tools so that I can do what he said, and try to establish some discussion meetings. I have also wanted to find some educators or librarians who would like to learn some of these new tools. The instructions in each Thing is very easy to follow and "work through."

School librarians need to be knowledgable with the latest technology tools.


No comments: