Friday, July 4, 2008

Thing # 19


I chose MUSIC in Web 2.0. Believe it or not I don't have music saved on an I-pod like my children do!
So, if I'm going to make "jazzy" videos with my students and add music......then I need to get on the bandwagon and discover.
I searched all 4 links on Music-"Last", "Pandora", "MOG", and "Arnie Street". I was able to investigate them without "setting up a password". I used the same artist with all 4 sites.
I'll probably go back let them know I'm here!
"Last" seemed the easiest to use. After typing in my search, I was able to listen to clips from the music listed. It looked easy to download into your MP3 player. I also found similar artists, user tags, You tube videos, and buy the CD on Amazon.com. YOU can also add tags.
I can see why it got 1st place!
"Pandora" had cute icons to tell how you felt about the music being played-I like, I don't like, I'm tired of this....
"MOG" site seemed VERY busy with all of its graphics & words. Of course, you could get the latest info on 'the latest artist, top post, our daily picks'. A person could post their comments, subscribe to RSS, and find out who listens to the same artist.
"Arnie Street" had a search area to type in your search as the others do. When I typed in the same artist as the other three, I found a Genre listening and tags added to the artist.
My special tool for music is "Last"? I can type in a search and download it for a video. Its useful parts are being able to listen to the music clips and a U-tube video and then adding the music to a video or even PowerPoint. I know now where to find music. I just need to practice downloading it and then adding it to a final project.



No comments: